10.14.2013

Simple Smoothie in the Thermomix!

I like to start my mornings off with a fresh smoothie because not only is it quick but also packed full of vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. I have tried so many combinations over the past year, I have definitely settled on a few a favourites! I've also had my fair share of disastrous flavour/texture combinations...so don't give up if all goes wrong!

Banana Mango Bliss
25g spinach
300g cold water
1 frozen banana, halved
1/2 frozen mango cheek, cut into thirds
100g frozen blueberries
1tsp goji berries
1tsp chia seed

Add spinach and water to TM bowl. Blend 10 seconds, speed 6. 

Add banana, mango, blueberries and goji's. Blend 30 seconds, slowly up to speed 8. 


Pour into cup/old school mason jar ;) and top with chia seed! Yummy!!


Making Smoothies Easy
Stock your pantry with smoothie perfect superfoods like; goji berries, chia seeds, spirulina, maca powder, ground flax or flax oil, hemp seeds, seeds, coconut oil etc! 

Keep your freezer full of frozen fruit; buy bulk bananas- peel and freeze, buy bulk strawberries and freeze (keep the tops they're fine to put in!), seasonal fruits like mango, grapes, cherries are easy to freeze as well. I find blueberries and raspberries are always quite expensive here in Australia so I choose the buy already frozen when on sale. I also buy spinach fresh, and if getting close to expiry and I haven't finished it, I just blend it up with some water in the Thermo and freeze in ice cube trays to pop in a smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be the first to know about new posts and amazing recipes!